Welcome to Arenalegal Solicitors.
A personal message from Damian Kelly, Senior Solicitor.
Thanks for looking at the Firm's Website. I hope you find it interesting.
The Firm of Arenalegal Solicitors is my own Firm and is based in Leeds, Yorkshire but covers all over England & Wales.
I am an experienced Solicitor in Private Criminal cases, Employment and Inquest work and was a Partner in a large national Law Firm before I set up this Firm in 2003.
I have acted in many Major High Profile cases including
- Hillsborough Stadium disaster Inquests in 1990-91
- PCA Inquiry, Inquest and Criminal Trial involving the death of Christopher Alder in 1998 in Police Custody in Hull
- Employment Tribunal case for Victimisation in Lincolnshire Police (1995 - 1998)
- International Fraud Investigation regarding Coutts and Co Bank in New York (2000)
- Major Police Investigation acting for nursing staff regarding a nurse killing patients at a Kirklees Hospital in West Yorkshire (2003 -2005)
- Advised on Operation Aldgate/ Gullane into child abuse investigation at Childrens home in Humberside (2005 -2009)
- Inquest into Prison suicide of Shaun Hazelhurst and Patrick Kilty at HMP Strangeways (2009)
- IPCC Inquiry and Inquest into death of Sean Hardy in Derbyshire (2006-2010)
- IPCC Inquiries and Inquests into fatal Police pursuits/ TPAC, William Forrest in Durham (2008-09) and Alan Long in Greater Manchester (2010)
- Criminal Prosecution to Crown Court of South Yorkshire Police Constable for Causing death of Ian Hambrey by dangerous driving (2008 -09)
- IPCC Inquiries and Inquests into the fatal shootings by Police Officers of Kirk Davies in 2001-2 (West Yorkshire),Simon Murden(Humberside)2005-08, Keith Richards (Durham) 2010-2011
- Inquests into the deaths of Mr and Mrs Stirland in Lincolnshire (2009)
- IPCC Inquiry into shooting by Police of Alistair Bell (West Yorkshire) (2010-)
- Crown Court Appeal involving former Nottingham Police Firearms Officer (2012)
- Successful Employment Tribunal for Sex Discrimination against North Yorkshire Police (2013)
No case is too small for us. I aim to put the Client first. Please contact me on 0800 599 9450 to see if we can help. There is no charge for an initial consultation by phone or email.